Major depression is an episode of sadness that lasts at least 2 consecutive weeks and is severe enough to interrupt daily activities. Depression is not a sign of weakness.
Symptoms can include:
* Sad mood
* Loss of interest in life
* Loss of pleasure in things
* Guilt or worthlessness
* Decreased ability to concentrate
* Decreased appetite
* Insomnia or early morning awakening
* Excessive sleep
* Persistent aches and pains
* Thoughts of death or suicide
Everyone can experience depression at one time or another, but when these symptoms start to negatively impact one's daily life, it may be time to seek help.
Pathways to Peace, Inc. is here to help...................407-867-1368